Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It Helps to Be a Middle Child

As if you all haven't heard enough drama about my car...

What would you do if you found the car of your dreams and negotiated racing stripes as part of your deal, and they had to order three different sets of stripes until they were the right ones, and the whole process took two months, and when they finally got the stripes put on, they looked like crap?

If you were me, you would've taken one look at your dream car and told the dealership that the crappy stripes looked like crap and it was not acceptable and you wanted the entire thing redone. As in I can't believe you brought my dream car back looking like this. As in I can't believe you think this looks good. As in I want these crappy stripes taken off and the whole thing done. Again. As in I don't care how much more money it costs you but my dream car will be fixed.

Then you would've taken a tape measure and checked every space between the stripes and you would've gotten the opinion of every construction worker in a twenty mile radius and they would all laugh at you and tell you it looks like crap. And you would find out that the stripes are off center by as much as an inch and that it looks like someone with palsy did the cut outs around the license plates and rear emblem. Then you'd really get mad.

Then you'd go Pompei on their butts and the result would be that you'd get a custom paint job with better looking stripes than you'd ever imagined. And then, you'd finally be happy. As soon as your plates come in.

7 comments:

$teve said...

AAAAH!!! I was hoping this would be the much-anticipated license plate reveal...but alas, your 'Stang looks badass. I'm glad that you're mildly content...until you get your plates. :)

Bone Junior said...

I'm afraid that when the Much Anticipated License Plate Reveal of 2008 finally DOES take place, it's going to be a let down...because the more I think about it, nothing would've been more awesome than plates that say MY STANG.

Anna K said...

very, very nice. wish those plates would make an appearance already, I want to know if I guessed close.

I guessed: allmine
nothis (not his)
I used to get so annoyed when people asked if my stang was my boyfriend's

HPLuvr said...

and...by the time you get your long awaited plates...it will be time to purchase new tabs :) LOOKS AMAZING!! Almost enough to say worth the wait.

em said...

the stripes look AMAZING!! fierce. maybe IF your plates ever actually come in, you can sweet talk them into ordering you MY STANG instead. because they obviously love you.

Mil said...

Hey I think that rear stripe is a little left of center... But besides that it looks sweet. I like the little accent stripe then big stripe.

I just wanted to take credit for giving you the idea for "My Stang" as the plate, it would stand as a tribute to me forever if you got it.

andi said...

Hey, I guess it was worth the wait (and agony and can of whoop a$$). Bravo. Now all we need (besides plates) is a pic of you acutally IN the car. I mean, really- from 1200 miles away, how do I know this car is really yours, huh?