Friday, May 16, 2008

Hangin Tough

Just over a year ago, I did post about my quirks. My very first quirk was this:

- Every time (and I mean every time) I go out to my car, before its actually in my sight, I mentally rehearse what I will do and say if I catch someone in the act of vandalizing my car. "What I will do and say" usually consists of me yelling, swearing, and bobbing my head a lot in an intimidating manner.
I'd always secretly dreamed of catching someone in the act of vandalizing my beloved beemer, just so I could have an excuse to blow like the Godfather.

Well, my dream finally came true...except that my beloved beemer was vandalized and I didn't catch them in the act.

And for what? A four year old single disc Pioneer stereo?? Oh, and they stole all the quarters that were in the console. Apparently whoever stole my stereo also needs to do laundry. Not only are they bastards, but they're dirty bastards.

I didn't think there was anything that could turn my day around. Until I found out that the New Kids on the Block are COMING TO SALT LAKE CITY IN NOVEMBER!!!

You guys.

I think I might die from the anticipation and excitement. Was no one else a New Kids fan in the early nineties? Did none of you also have the Jordan doll, dangly earrings that said "I Heart Jordan", a poster over their bed of Jordan with his shirt half off and his braided rat tail over his shoulder, a huge stack of New Kids trading cards, a New Kids pillow case, a New Kids nightie, and a sister who had a huge Joey button and the Joey doll??? Can I get a whoop whoop?

Not even a smashed window and stolen stereo can bring me down now. The New Kids are coming to town!!!

And I will get on the floor and do the New Kids dance.

11 comments:

barb said...

bummer.

you do have one sexy patella, though.

oh and yay for NKOTB. i knew i was right in first grade (miss coplin's class) when i told jordan richardson they weren't just a bubble gum band!!

Kameron said...

If someone vandalized my car, hearing the New Kids on the Block were coming to town would make me more depressed and angry. But, then again, I wasn't a girl in the early '90s, so perhaps I'm missing a chromosome that makes you enjoy NKOTB.

Bummer about the car, though...

Jen said...

Why didn't you tell me about your car?? Oh yeah, you were too excited screaming about NKOTB!!! We are soooo going to their concert!

And I think I can top you...I had all 5 NKOTB dolls!

andi said...

At least it wasn't the new car...otherwise you might be in jail right now.

I loved NKOTB. Except I was the reject that liked Danny. Poster and all. I admit it!

(And to Barb- ha! You told Jordan that???)

$teve said...

That's too bad about your car...but did you ever think...that maybe NKOTB vandalized your car? They have been...out of the loop for a while and probably needed the startup capital for their world tour. I would see if you could get a discounted ticket because or your noble donation. :)

Toots said...

You know that's funny, I do the exact same thing, but it's when I catch someone in my house, or they come in when I'm at home (and that involves a lot of cussing and demanding of answers, too). I'm so sorry Sarah, that stinks.

And my sister was the biggest Joey fan of all time. My mom made her a black NKotB blanket, and her walls and ceiling were SERIOUSLY covered with posters and magazine pages of the Kids. And that's just getting started.

Melissa May said...

I LOVE the New Kids, but I was an old school fan in the 80's when they were brand new and all little and stuff...BEFORE NKOTB, when they were still The New Kids On The Block...Good times!

N E Ways.... I am writing to you because a little bird name Lezlie told me to make you an Elvis Cigar Box Purse....and oh, I have made an Elvis Cigar Box Purse....An Elvis Cigar Box Purse that will stop ALL time and space because of the amazingness of said purse.....send me an email and I'll send you some pics and we'll chat further...

MEL
amcurtis77@yahoo.com

Tara said...

This EXACT same thing happened to me not long ago!!! I even had a older single disc Pioneer stereo. Except I didn't have the news of a NKOTB reunion and upcoming concert to cheer me up.


I loved Jordan too....

hizznizzle said...

As a newly elected member of the vandalized car club allow me to be the first to say.....welcome. And I feel your pain. I found myself standing in front of my bashed out window thinking to myself (in the immortal words of one Vincent Vega) I wish I could have caught him doing it, it would have been worth him doing it, if I could have caught him doing it". Then I was snapped back into reality by the voice of reason in my life ( the jam, telling me and my friend that no we are not going to look for who ever did this). And to quote one more classic, "sorry about your car man".

Now about this NKOTB thing. I am ordering an immediate cease and desist. They sucked then and they will suck even harder now. In fact I am willing to bet they suck so hard they could suck a golf ball through a garden hose, they could suck the chrome off a trailer hitch, they need to grab a straw cause they suck. You get it. Somethings were good when we were younger, but not so much now. NKOTB are like 5th Avenue candy bars. As a kid it was candy so you would eat it just cause. Now as an adult it's like eating that golf ball you just sucked through the garden hose.

Bone Junior said...

Did I mention that 5th Avenue is one of my favorite candy bars?

hizznizzle said...

Genius!