Friday, March 07, 2008

101 Ways to Put Your Foot in Your Mouth While Trying to Prove to a Subcontractor That You're Professional and You Know What You're Doing

Bone Junior: Hey, subcontractor, sorry to keep calling and bugging you about this, but I just wanted to touch base about getting your bid in. You know how Mitch is; he just really wants me to stay on top of you guys.

Chirp chirp.

Subcontractor: Awkward pause. Nervous laugh. Um, sure, I know how Mitch is.

Same conversation, moments later. Here's what I was meaning to say, and if I could turn back time, I'd give it all to you. No, wait, that's Cher. But if I could turn back time, this is what I would've said...

Bone Junior: Yeah, so, again, sorry to keep bugging you about it but it'd be great if you could give Mitch a call; that way we could get this ball rolling.

...as opposed to what I actually said...

Bone Junior: Yeah, so, again, sorry to keep bugging you about it but it'd be great if you could give Mall a call; that way we could get this bitch rolling.

Sigh.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That's great! I miss you so much!!!! When are you going to come to sunny Southern Cali?!

em said...

i think ashley can hear me laughing from here.

(and to be totally honest, i was waiting for the "that's what she said")

andi said...

Ha! Chalk it up to a Freudian slip. Or that subconsciously that's what you really meant to say!