Monday, January 14, 2008

2008 is Boring So Far

As evidenced by my severe lack of posting, not much has been going on with me. I think it has to do with quitting soda (14 days clean, can I get a whoop whoop). By giving up Diet Pepsi Max, I also gave up my motivation to write. Sigh.

So how about the sham that was the Golden Globes? Apparently I'm the only one in my office who cares at all, so I'm going to rant about it here.

The Golden Globes are usually the third biggest night of the year for me, preceded by the Oscars and the Superbowl. But this year, the Globes are the fifth biggest night of the year for me, preceded by the Oscars, The Dark Knight (June), Rambo (Jan 25), and then the Superbowl.

I look forward to the Globes because they have been shown to be the best predictor of the Oscars; thus the key to my annual winning of the Oscar predictions at my annual Oscar party with my annual Oscar cake. But with the way the writer's strike is going, chances are looking slim that there will be any Oscars ceremony this year.

Watching the faux-Globes last night was less than mediocre. First, I hate Billy Bush and his stupid entertainment reporting. Second, I think most of the winners sucked. Ok, mainly just Atonement, which won for Best Picture. And I haven't even seen Atonement, I just hate Kiera Knightly. A lot. I hate her so much that disirregardless of how much Oscar buzz the film is getting, I won't see it. I can't stop staring at that stupid face she makes with her stupid pouty lips.

And Sweeney Todd beat out Hairspray, Juno, and Across the Universe - three films that I love love LOVED. Sweeney Todd was OK; entertaining at best - I liked the spurting, squirting blood, but overall, I'm not a huge fan. I loved Hairspray so much that I gave Elizabeth a calendar of our favorite piece of jail bait:
I'm not ashamed to say it - I do love me some Zac Efron.

Speaking unabashadly of guilty pleasures, is anyone else super excited to see Rambo? No? Just me? Really? Ok. Peep your eyes on this and maybe you'll understand where I'm coming from:





That's right, beeyatches, I made that. I made that. You can make one too!!! Go to this link.

My point is that you know where I'll be on Friday January 25th. And I'm thrilled to finally have an occasion besides Christmas morning to wear my "I Heart John Rambo" t-shirt.

3 comments:

Brandon and Amber said...

I actually thought of you last night when I was watching it. But then I remembered it is the Oscars that you go crazy for. Hopefully they won't cancel that too--then you will have nothing to live for!

$teve said...

I'm excited for the Rambo movie...and his future celebrity Gladiator spot on American Gladiators!!! I love shameless violence.

em said...

Disirregardless of the fact that "Rambo" will net a total of $8.50 opening weekend (thanks to you), I have a feeling you'll dedicate an entire post to it.

I just wanted to use "disirregardless" and be all C'ville-cool like you are.

On second thought, maybe it will net $25.50. Still thanks to you.