Thursday, October 19, 2006

I Am Here for Your Viewing Pleasure

Today, I stuck two baby carrots up my nose at work. One of the vice-presidents (yes, the very same VP from the communicator story) and a commercial superintendent were standing by as I proceeded to make a jackass of myself, but what else is new.

As I turned to face them, carrots in perfect snot-rocket-shooting position, the super said, "I'll give you a quarter if you eat them now." Imagine my disgust at his request. Does he think I'm a six year old? Does he think I'm going to allow myself to be a side show at the expense of my self-dignity? Who's the puppet master here! There was no way I was going to degregate myself any further in front of the VP.

Many things I may do, but whoring myself out for a quarter is not one of them. Bargaining however, is one of them. Needless to say, I walked away $0.75 richer and jangling my pockets all the way.

8 comments:

andi said...

Only you, my dear. Only you.

Tara said...

Thatta girl. Don't let them take away your dignity!!!

PS: I would have done it for 50 cents.

barb said...

i'd eat your snot anyday.

g said...

.75 cents is a dryer cycle in my laudromat- totally worth it! and for all of you who are now gasping - yes i said laundromat. Never thought i would have to use one of those again- (since i swore to myself I wouldn't) But i'm doing alot of things right now that i swore i wouldn't- like living with an 18 and 21 year old for example.

Erin said...

Sarah, I am so proud of you for standing your ground and not giving away your dignity like a piece of pie. totally worth it for .75 cents. how is chuck doing?

Bone Junior said...

You guys totally get me - I was thinking rationally. .75 cents can buy me a Diet Pepsi and a half! woo hoo!

andi said...

So does that mean 75 cents gets you 3/4 of a movie at the dollar theater?

Bone Junior said...

Bingo! With that .75 cents, I can sit through the last 3/4ths of "Step Up" at the dollar theater. I think I know what I'm doing tonight...