Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I Dream of Juneyah

Has one of your friends ever said to you, "You were in my dream last night!"? I used to think it was funny to hear about their wacky dreams about me, until I started to notice a disturbing trend.

About three years ago...

Nicole: I had the craziest dream about you!

Bone Junior: Oh really?

Nicole: Yeah. I dreamed that I woke up on the morning of my wedding, and you'd cut off all my hair during the night. It was so crazy!

Bone Junior: (Mouth open, stunned silence). That's not crazy, that's horrible!! You know I would never do that to you, right?



About six months ago...

Ylime: You were in my dream last night!

Bone Junior: (Laughs nervously). Oh really? What was it about?

Ylime: I dreamt that I was running away from you because you were trying to murder me.

Bone Junior: (Mouth open, horrified silence). Oh. My. Gosh. You know I would never do that to you, right?




About two days ago...via email.

Andi Curb Your Passion: Did I tell you about my dream about you? Oh my gosh, it was so funny.

It was a weird patchwork of scenes. I came to visit you at work, and you had a new job, but you wouldn't tell me what it was. Everyone was just laid back, sitting around not doing anything. For some reason, you told me I was training to do your job, but I didn't know what that was.

Then this guy walks in with this big restaurant tray, with about 7 sandwiches on it. It was your job to eat roast beef sandwiches, pick the best one, and give your review on it. You picked this one, and then held up this Hormel package of deli meat and started rambling off some commercial.

Then you disappeared and I was sitting there alone, and heard music outside. I looked out this huge window and there was a floating float. Like a parade float, floating in the sky. There were big TVs on the side of it, and a marching band walking around the outside of it. Somehow it landed and attached to the second floor of the building I was in, and I got on.

You were inside, playing a French Horn with a bunch of Asian kids, wearing this really ghetto-fabulous sunglasses. Then I went outside, because all the Asian kids were talking in jibberish, and I went to find you again, because you disappeared, again.

When I got out to the outside of the float, there was a boxing tournament going on, but it wasn't real people. It was a HUGE one of those boxing games where it looks like the 2 plastic robots- when one punches the other, the head goes up. But they were playing "Rocky" on the TVs that were all around the outside of the float.

So that's it. Do you like roast beef? It was really vivid. And really strange.

...............

I can't decide what's my favorite part about Andi's dream - the roast beef sandwich tasting job, the ghetto-fabulous sunglasses, or "Rocky" playing on the side of the the float. I'm just glad I wasn't killing or otherwise maiming anyone in this dream.

I'm interested to hear any and all dream interpretations...

6 comments:

stupidramblings said...

My favorite part of it was when they had Andi committed for:

A) remembering her dreams.
B) telling people about them. [Shudders]. Creepy.
C) Being on the influence of over-the-counter pain meds while dreaming.

Erin said...

Here is my interpretation...do with it what you will.

Roast Beef: To see or eat roast beef in your dream, signifies melancholy in the home, betrayal, and/or secrets.

Sunglasses: To dream that you are wearing sunglasses, indicates your poor perception. You tend to see the dark or negative side of things. Perhaps you don't want to see or be seen.

Parade: To dream that you are watching a parade, indicates that you are being sidetracked or distracted from achieving your goals. For fear of failure, you may stop yourself from even pursuing your goals and desires. Alternatively, the parade symbolizes cycles, passage of time, or a special event in your life. Consider also the symbolism of whatever figures/animals/floats are in the parade. They may reflect a need for you to possess or control those attributes.

Asian Person: To see an Asian person in your dream, represents an aspect of your own self that is unknown to you.

Boxing: To watch boxing or dream that you are a boxer, suggests that you are experiencing some internal struggle or conflict. It suggests that you are limiting yourself and your goals/ideas. It may also indicate that you keep your emotions inside.

em said...

Erin's interpretations sound scary! :) And also a little plagiarized. I liked the mental picture of the Hormel deli meat commercial, & the giant boxing robots. And also that Bone Junior taste-tests roast beef sammies. Makes me hungry for a Jimmy John's!!

The Rules said...

Really, any dream that has giant Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots is an awesome dream in my book

HPLuvr said...

The way I figure it...Everytime a friend tells me about some dream that they had of me being overly mean or awkward is just further proof of how "normal" I am; that those around me have to dream what it would be like if I were more naturally mean and awkward. Feel free to adopt this policy. It appears that it would fit in your situation.

andi said...

So, does that mean I am conflicted and scared of things I don't know and have poor perception, or that Bone Junior does. You are correct. I am conflicted...

But I do dream in color. And it's spectacular.