Thursday, July 12, 2007

My Latest Obsession

After Prison Break and Grey's Anatomy ended for the season last spring, I dreaded the long summer ahead. What was going to keep me occupied on Monday and Thursday nights? I felt like I had nothing to look forward to until September.

And then a little something called The Next Best Thing found its way into my life and we began a heated summer affair.

This is seriously the most entertaining show on television (except for Cash Cab and Confessions of a Matchmaker). Celebrity impersonators auditioned all over the country, trying to make it as a finalist; competing for $100,000. Some of them have been downright ridiculous (all the Cher's), others have been amazing (the Barbra Streisand blew me away).

And now we're down to the finals - we get to vote next Wednesday for the winner. In the top ten we have Frank Sinatra, Lucille Ball, Paris Hilton, President Bush, Tina Turner, Little Richard, Barbra Streisand, Robin Williams... and TWO ELVISES!!!

That's right - there are TWO Elvis tribute artists in the top ten. Needless to say, I was very excited. Tune into ABC next Wednesday night, if for no other reason than to marvel at these performers.


This one gets my vote.















No comments: