Sunday, September 24, 2006

Proud Mama


There comes a time in every mama's life when they send their little baby chicks out into the world and hope they can swim. Wait... am I crossing my metaphors? I should've consulted the Master of Metaphoric Speech before I attempted this one.

My point being that my baby, Samuel, my sweet little mannequin head, was sent out in the world a few months ago with nothing more than a box full of packing peanuts and a head full of dreams of becoming something.

The first stop on his road to fast cars and freedom was Connecticut, after which he made his way across the country to California with G, securely strapped into the back windshield of her car. This morning, I was thrilled to see that Samuel has made a second stop in Tejas. I'm not sure if my little heart can handle much more joy. He wanted to see the world, go places, and experience all that a caveman head could experience. His dreams were too big for an office in Orem. Now, thanks to UPS, his dreams have come true. I’ve never seen him happier than he is in those photos.

In honor of the fact that he is about to become an international tourist *keeping my fingers crossed* I thought I'd share my last memory of Samuel.
Samuel's last stunt in Utah, as the Bizarro Compass that always faced south. One of my bosses walked into his office to find this gruesome sight. Then he yelped like a little girl.


IN MEMORIAM


Somewhere in Oregon circa 2005. R.I.P. Suzie-Kin, even though you got your face melted and scratched off in a parking lot.

No comments: